Transactions of the Institution of Civil Engineers of Ireland. Volume One. Dublin: S.B. Oldham, 1845. Pp iv, 176, with 6 plates at rear & several diagrams & tables in the text. . Cloth boards, covers decorated in blind, title lettered in gilt to spine. Light spotting to endpapers & plates, otherwise a near fine copy.
The Civil Engineers Society of Ireland was founded in 1835. In 1844, the society renamed itself as "The Institution of Civil Engineers of Ireland" and it began to publish its transactions at the end of the 1844-45 session. These transactions were published up to 1969, when the Institution came together with Cumann na nInnealtóirí to form "The Institution of Engineers of Ireland." This first volume contains transactions from November 1844 to May 1845.