Memorial Statue of Sir Henry Marsh (1837)
Book ID: 66356
Memorial Statue of Sir Henry Marsh, M.D. In the Hall of the King and Queen’s College of Physicians in Ireland. Executed by J.H. Hoey. Erected by Voluntary Contributions A.D. 1866. Dublin: M.H. Gill, 1867. P 19, all edges in gilt. Original blue cloth boards, Gilt title and crest to upper cover. A fine bright copy.
Frontispiece photograph, title printed in red & black.
Sir Henry Marsh (1790-1860) was one of the leading physicians in Ireland. He was appointed consulting physician to the (Royal) City of Dublin Hospital on its foundation (1832), to St Vincent’s Hospital, and to the Rotunda Hospital, and served on the staff of the National Infirmary and Dispensary from 1853.