The History and Antiquities of the Diocese of Ossory. Volume One (1905)
Book ID: 62540
The History and Antiquities of the Diocese of Ossory. With a Preface by The Most Rev. Dr. Brownrigg, Lord Bishop of Ossory. Volume One. Dublin: Sealy, Bryers & Walker, 1905. Pp xxxi, 300, folded map of the Diocese at rear. Profusely illustrated with plates and text illustrations. Publisher’s olive green cloth boards, crest of the dioceses embossed in gilt, within ornate panel to centre of upper covers. Shelf-wear & scuffing to corners of boards, contents generally in good condition throughout, repairs to folding map.
The first volume gives an overall history of the diocese from its pre-Christian Celtic origins through its various Bishops and Clergy.